Non-residential roll


If you own a rateable property but live outside the Murray River Council area, you are invited to register to vote in the upcoming NSW Local Government election on Saturday 4 December 2021.

Under NSW Government legislation, anyone who owns rateable property in a local government area is entitled to vote in that area - even if they do not live there. However, it is not compulsory to do so.

Similarly, eligible occupiers and rate-paying lessees are also entitled to vote in council elections, with one vote per property allowed through a nominated representative.

How to register

You will need to fill out a form and submit to council prior to 25 October 2021.

You can find the form in the non-residential roll tab to the right.

You should then email the form to

What form do I need?

The 'nominate people on behalf of companies' form is for those nominating an elector to act on behalf of a person or company

The 'non resident ratepayers' form is for those that own a rateable property but don't live here. For example, you may own a block in Moama, but live in Echuca. This form also caters for occupiers and rate-paying lessees. For example, you live in Moama but do not own property there.

We also recommend that you download the information sheet, which covers off on most of the frequently asked questions.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin Email this link
<span class="translation_missing" title="translation missing:">Load Comment Text</span>